May 18, 2008

Camp Honor finalized

Well it looks like it might finally be decided...
The Camper Committee made a decision to allow the three campers to go to camp that went last year but are not yet 8. They will be able to go if the camp does not fill up in their age group.
Since the camp changed the age from 7 to 8 and "most" of the 7 year olds are now 8 and the 17 year olds are now 18, shouldn't we know there will be room. No new kids were added to camp and the only ones who left are the older kids. There should be room. The cutoff date was today at 5 PM, so we should know by tomorrow if the three kids can go.
I'm looking at the bright side - the Camper Committee changed their ruling.

Oh, I got interviewed by the Executive Director and Camp Director to be a staff member. I was asked what volunteer experience I have? My reply was as follows "How far back did you want me to go? I can go all the way back to when I was 9." The next question was to explain my camping experience. "I've been camping since I was 11 with the Boy Scouts. Where did you want me to start?", I asked. I think I passed the interview.

No comments: