Feb 26, 2008

Healthcare Reform . . Reform What?

I like opinions. But it you want to argue about issues please have some facts to support them. Your opinion is just that, an opinion, not a fact. Opinions cannot be argued and true facts can't be argued either. Opinions are touchy feely, play to your heart string stuff. Facts are cold, hard, difficult to change - unless your running for political office. ;)

Here are the healthcare plans for 3 of the presidential candidates. They are in order of length. Shortest to longest.

Sen. John McCain

Sen. Barack Obama Click here for a summary of the 15 page plan.

Sen. Hillary Clinton Click here or here for a summary of the 16 page plan.

Do these plans seem to be missing something?

I don't know if I want Government in my healthcare. If you have any doubts, go down to DES (department of economic security) and grab a number - OH, be sure to have all day planned for this. There is no customer service - no reason to get to the next person (I dare not call you a customer) - If they didn't get to you, come back tomorrow, 'cause you need them more than they need you - they work for the government not for us.

Evere been there? Had a different experience?

3 comments:

Peaches said...

There's nothing that I hate more than the plastic lids starbucks uses on there coffe cups and how they always line up the seem of the papercup and the drink hole so that it leaks all over your tie, your pants, your jacket, or your desk. I don't know how it's possible, but they are the ONLY coffe company that ever gives me any trouble....

Cindi said...

LOL - Okay Ken - I can't resist. The government IS my healthcare right now. Though, I'm not called a customer, I'm the "dependent". There. I said it. :)))))

I know you're after a healthy debate, which I really don't have much to offer up a good solution, so I thought I'd just poke fun at my own situation.

:)

Arizona said...

Keith,

You have other issues. Like what are you going to do from 5:30 PM today till 8:30 PM when all the Starbuck Baristas are getting re-trained?