Feb 6, 2008

Wage garnishment - automatic enrollment

Have you heard how they are going to MAKE US have healthcare. What happened to my choice!! I am in America right? I can't drive without a seatbelt, without a driver’s license or proof of car insurance and registration, my kids loose in the back of my pickup with a six-pack on the seat next to me. Now, I can't go without health insurance!!! Let's have the government take care of us, how they want us to live. Hell, I'd move to Korea if I wanted that. Too strong - probably.

Below: By CHARLES BABINGTON - ASSOCIATED PRESS on Feb 3, 2008

Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton said Sunday she might be willing to have workers' wages garnisheed if they refuse to buy health insurance to achieve coverage for all Americans.

The New York senator has criticized presidential rival Barack Obama for pushing a health plan that would not require universal coverage. Clinton has not always specified the enforcement measures she would embrace, but when pressed during a television interview, she said: "I think there are a number of mechanisms" that are possible, including "going after people's wages, automatic enrollment."

Clinton said such measures would apply only to workers who can afford health coverage but refuse to buy it, which puts undue pressure on hospitals and emergency rooms. Under her plan, she said, health care "will be affordable for everyone" because she would limit premium payments "to a low percent of your income."

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Hmmm - I'm not on board with this. There are too many variables. Why not tackle the issue as to why health coverage spiraled out of the reach of many hard-working Americans to begin with?